Supporting wellness, re-ablement and restorative care for older people within the Blue Mountains community.
What is the Allied Health Services program?
Allied Health aim to keep people safe & active whilst living at home, building capacity and resilience, supporting wellness, re-ablement and restorative care for older people within the Blue Mountains community. Allied Health provides:
- Allied Health assessment and care based on your individual needs and goals
- Short term, one-on-one interventions from Allied Health providers tailored to your needs
- This may include social work, occupational therapy and physiotherapy
- Connection with local support groups and programs for social inclusion
- Support through therapeutic groups.
Who can use the Allied Health Service?
Allied Health Services are provided to people who are:
- 65 years and over, living in the Blue Mountains LGA
- becoming frail or in need of support to maintain mobility and be safe at home
- would benefit from individually tailored treatment and support
- might be anxious, depressed or becoming socially isolated
Allied Health Services are provided to people eligible under the Commonwealth Support Program criteria.
How can I access the Allied Health Service?
A My Aged Care referral is required to access the services offered by the Allied Health Services Team.
CLICK HERE to jump to our contact details below.
CLICK HERE to be taken to the My Aged Care website.
Goods, Equipment and Assistive Technology (GEAT)
Goods, Equipment and Assistive Technology (GEAT) are provided to a client to assist a person cope with a functional limitation and maintain their independence.
Information for clients
A referral for this service is required from My Aged Care
Information for Health Professionals
For any enquiries or to refer for consideration of GEAT funding, please complete an email enquiry below to request a GEAT Health Processionals Request form
FIND YOUR FEET
Would you like to feel healthier, stronger, steadier or more confident?
This ‘Find Your Feet’ video was produced by Belong BM to help our older community members take positive steps to remain healthy and independent in our community. The video includes helpful information on how to build your confidence, improve strength and balance, and stay independent, healthy and safe.
You can watch the full length video here, or if you would like a free copy of the video on DVD or USB, call 02 4739 1164.
CONTACT ALLIED HEALTH SERVICES
Call us or send an Email
If you would like to discuss whether Allied Health Services are suitable for yourself or another person, please contact:
The Allied Health Team
Phone: 02 4739 1164
Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm
Submit an Enquiry Online