Would you like to feel healthier, stronger, steadier or more confident?
Watch the new 'Find Your Feet' Video from HEAL
On Wednesday 30 September 2020 Belong Blue Mountains launched a new video resource called ‘Find Your Feet’ to help our older community members take positive steps to remain healthy and independent in our community. The video includes helpful information on how to build your confidence, improve strength and balance, and stay independent, healthy and safe.
If you, or someone you know, would like a free copy of the ‘Find Your Feet’ video on DVD or USB, or if you would like to find out more about how the HEAL ‘Healthy Elders Active Living’ Program can help, please call Eddie on 0403 880 560 or email HEAL@belongbm.org.au
What does the HEAL program provide?
HEAL is a program aimed at building individual capacity and resilience: supporting wellness, re-ablement and restorative care for older people within the Blue Mountains community.
- Allied Health assessment and care based on your individual needs and goals
- Short term, one-on-one interventions from Allied Health providers tailored to your needs
- This may include social work, occupational therapy, podiatry, dietetics, physiotherapy and more
- Connection with local support groups and programs for social inclusion
- Support through therapeutic groups for things like strength, balance and Dementia support
- Assistance with transport
- Volunteer support
- Assistance with the use of technology to help connect with family, friends and community
Who can use the HEAL service?
The HEAL program is provided free of charge to people who are:
- 65 years and over, living in the Blue Mountains or Lithgow areas
- becoming frail or in need of support to maintain mobility and be safe at home
- would benefit from individually tailored treatment and support
- might be anxious, depressed or becoming socially isolated
- would benefit from a help to access services or navigate the My Aged Care system
The HEAL program is not suitable for people living with a palliative diagnosis or in a residential aged care facility. Please see our Palliative Support and Community Visitor programs in these situations.
How can I access the HEAL service?
A My Aged Care referral is required to access the services offered by HEAL. We can assist you with the My Aged Care process if needed. Please contact the HEAL team if you would like to discuss your suitability or if you would like more information. Please find out contact us details below.
The HEAL support service is free of charge, with the exception of our Standing Strong exercise classes which have a subsidised cost - see below for details.
'Standing Strong' Group Exercise Class
Are you 65 or over and interested in maintaining or improving your strength, balance and mobility? Would you like to meet new people in a supportive and positive environment?
‘Standing Strong’ is a new group exercise class run by the Belong Blue Mountains Healthy Elders Active Living Program facilitated by our highly experienced physiotherapist Adam Wilkes. The class focuses on developing strength, balance and mobility in a friendly, social and COVID-Safe environment.
Weekly classes start Term1, week commencing 1st February 2021 in Blaxland, Lawson and Katoomba.
Groups are subsidised and will cost only $50 per term (10 weeks).
Strict COVID-Safe practices will be implemented..
Please call Eddie to BOOK NOW on 0403 880 560.
Call us or send an Email
If you would like to discuss whether this program is suitable for yourself or another person, please contact:
Christine Baird, HEAL Program Manager
Phone: 4739 1164 or 0466 447 781
Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm
Submit an Enquiry Online